POLYCARBONATE ROOF SYSTEMS
Polycarbonate roofing is quickly becoming the material of choice for homeowners and businesses alike. There are many reasons why this versatile material has become so popular, from its durability to its low cost.
At String Lights Outdoor, we’ve been recommending polycarbonate roofing for nearly a decade. Below, our roofing experts explore the advantages of polycarbonate roofing in more detail and outline why it is such a desirable option for both residential and commercial properties.
POLYCARBONATE PATIO COVERS
Polycarbonate is a thermoplastic material that’s exceptionally durable. It’s commonly used in a variety of applications, from bullet-resistant windows to eyeglass lenses and more.
In recent years, it’s become increasingly popular as a patio cover material because it offers many advantages over other materials, such as wood. Here are some of the advantages of using polycarbonate for your patio cover:
- Polycarbonate boasts near-unparalleled durability. Your patio cover will be able to withstand heavy snowfall, high winds, and hail without sustaining any damage.
- Polycarbonate is UV-resistant. Unlike wood, which can fade and discolor over time, polycarbonate does not become dull or brittle when exposed to sunlight.
- Polycarbonate is easy to work with. If you’re handy, you can easily install a polycarbonate patio cover yourself. The material is also lightweight, which makes it easy to transport and handle.
- Polycarbonate is available in a variety of colors and styles. Whether you want a clear panel to let in sunlight or a solid sheet to provide more shade, you’ll be able to find a polycarbonate patio cover that meets your needs.
- Polycarbonate is an environmentally friendly material. Unlike wood, which is a natural resource that must be harvested, polycarbonate is made from recycled plastic.
If you’re considering a new patio cover, be sure to consider the many advantages of polycarbonate. It’s an excellent choice for those who want a durable, UV-resistant, and easy-to-install cover.
POLYCARBONATE VS. WOOD PERGOLA
When it comes to creating an outdoor living space, few materials are as versatile as polycarbonate. In addition to patio covers, polycarbonate can also be used to build pergolas.
Like patio covers, polycarbonate pergolas offer many advantages over their wood counterparts. Here are a few things to keep in mind when comparing the two:
- Wood is not as durable as polycarbonate.
- Wood is not UV-resistant like polycarbonate.
- Wood is not as easy to work with as polycarbonate.
- Wood is not as customizable as polycarbonate.
- Wood is not as environmentally friendly as polycarbonate.
While both materials are made from natural resources, the manufacturing process of polycarbonate creates significantly less waste than the manufacturing process of wood. Furthermore, removing trees to create wooden structures contributes to climate change conditions.
Find the Best Polycarbonate Roofs at String Lights Outdoor
Cover your pergola with polycarbonate roofing. This material is strong, functional, and customizable, making it a great option for anyone looking to improve their property.
At String Lights Outdoor, you’ll find the perfect roofing system for your needs. Our installation services ensure a seamless transition from old to new.
To install the perfect polycarbonate roof on your home or business, reach out to our team today.